How big is WLLL?
• Our expectation for the Spring season is to have approximately 250 players in the League. • Little League Baseball encourages boys and girls to become part of the Little League experience. The League is comprised entirely of volunteers that freely give their time to help our WLLL youth learn the game of baseball and embrace the Little League Baseball motto: Loyalty, Character and Courage. • Thanks in advance to all of the volunteers that will help this Spring be a successful endeavor for everyone! • Our website is www.westlawnlittleleague.com which is updated daily for upcoming events and information about our league. • Please sign up to receive the Little League E-News at www.littlcleague.org which gives you update information about changes in Little League. Are Credit and Debit cards accepted at In-Person Registration Sessions? • Yes. We accept Visa, Discover and Mastercard for all registrations. Cash and checks are welcome at In Person registration as well.
How are registration fees used'?
•WLLL is a I 00 % non-profit volunteer organization. • Our budget addresses equipment, uniforms, field improvements, field maintenance, utilities, insurance, and administrative expenses. In addition, WLLL is committed to providing umpires for all games from age 7 and up.
• The registration fees are reviewed each year by the league Board of Directors and modified as expenses go up.
Do WLLL Directors get paid?
• No. Unlike some other Youth Sports Organizations, the Board of Directors for WLLL is
I 00% volunteer. No Director receives any financial compensation for their services to the League. How are revenues generated?
• In addition to registration fees, WLLL actively pursues donations fl-om Corporations, local businesses and private sources. As an active non-profit organization, WLLL also requires all our Spring teams to seek and obtain a team sponsor. The OR WALL Board of Directors actively sponsors Opening Day fundraising activities ( arts & crafts sales, t-shirt sales, etc.). • In the Spring, WLLL charges a mandatory "fundraising fee" for each child. The fundraiser varies from season to season. I
How is the league organized?
• WLLL is chartered by Little League Baseball and must follow their rules, regulations and guidelines. • There are 9 divisions based on age (as of April 30th of the playing year) which are: T-Ball - age 4-6; Pee Wee 6-8 Little League Minors age -9-10; Little League Majors age - 11, 12; Intermediate League age 11-13; Junior /Senior League - age 13, 14, 15, 16; Each Division has an assigned Commissioner(Division Director).
• WLLL is part of the Little League International, which is broken down by regions (5 in the U.S. & 4 international), sections (several within the state of Illinois, and districts. WLLL is part of the Little League CentralRegion, Illnois West Section 2, and District 15 If I have issue with my child's manager? • Speak with the manager about your concerns. 99% of the time this will take care of the issue. • rf you still are not satisfied, your next contact would be the Commissioner (Division Director) for your division.
• If you feel the issue is critical, you are always free to contact the VP of Operations or the President directly .
Can I become a WLLL Board member?
• Any adult in the reboundaries can apply to become a board member. Contact any board member if you would like to put your name on the board of directors.
• All applicants must undergo and pass a background check.
What are the Boundaries of WLLL?
• The Boundary Map is located in the League Documents Section of the Website.
When Do I register my Child for WLLL Baseball?
• In Person registration is held several times a year prior to the Fall and Spring Seasons. Generally, Fall registration is early to mid- August and Spring registration is November-March • Registration Dates are placed on the WLLL socail Media pages and website
• Following the fourth "In Person" Registration, Registration may close so Register Early.
What Documentation do I need for Registration?
• All Players are required to submit a Birth Certificate for Age Verification and ProofofRcsidency
• Proof of residency requirements can be found in the League Documents.
What age group can my child play'!
• A Player's "League Age" is determined by their age on or before April 30th of that year's Spring Season. • Fall "League Age" is determined by the "League Age" in the Following Spring Season. • League Age Charts are also posted in the League Documents Section of the WLLL web site. • Players are not Permitted to play in any age group lower than their "League Age". • "Playing Up" or playing in an age group higher than their league age is not pem1itted in the Fall. In certain cases in the Spring season, a Player may be pe1mitted to "Play Up" provided they recieve approval from the board prior to the 6th round of the draft. The Player must try out in both their age group and the group they wish to "Play Up" to. In order to do this, the Division Director must be consulted. How do I request a Refund'!
• Refunds can only be requested prior to the first day of player drafts. For more information please consult the League Refund Policy in League Documents.
Team Selection and Draft Questions
How are Managers/ Coaches Selected?
• Managers/ Coaches are selected immediately following the last "In Person Registration" night at WLLL • Managers/ Coaches are required to fill out an WLLL application as well as a Volunteer Background Check form prior to the selection process. • The Elected Board of Directors of WLLL votes on and appoints coaches based on previous experience in both WLLL and other Volunteer Organizations, Parent Reviews if they have previously coached at WLLL and experiences/records in prior seasons.
• lfyou are interested in Managing/ Coaching a team please contact any board me
Are there Tryouts for the Teams and What is Involved?
• Tryouts are held in the week following the last "In Person" Registration • Tryout format will include (4) Stations ... Ground Balls, Catching a throw from a player, pop flies and batting. All Players will be given (3) opportunities at each position to display their talent level for the Managers/Coaches. • All players are encouraged to tryout in order to qualify for the draft. r. Placement on teams.Due to extremely large number of kids playing WLLL does not honor "Request for placement. Certain exceptions are made at the discretion of the Board.
How Does the Draft Work?
• The draft for each division will be held on separate days. All managers will draw numbers to determine their position in the draft. • The draft will be conducted in a snake format, i.e. 1-2-3-4, 4-3-2-1, then 1-2-3-4, etc. • The only "player freezes" are the Managers son(s) and are determined by the Little League "Green Book". • In the event there is a player who is registered but cannot attend one of the designated try-outs, that player will then be eligible ONLY for a team. The player will be assigned to a team via a "hat pick" after all players who have tried out have been selected. • Trades between teams will be allowed immediately after the draft, during a specified time period, with both Coaches' agreement and the approval of the Division Director.
Does Little League get a List of the players and coaches?
• Yes. WLLL sends a list of all players and managers to the Little League data center at www.littleleague.org by March 13, 2020.